PFM staff are very busy getting ready for the summer market season. We are so grateful for community support; we couldn’t have a market without our customers and vendors!
I am reaching out to you to ask if you would be willing to donate your time + energy to 1-2 Saturdays this summer to volunteer at the Information Booth. We often experience long lines and do everything possible to speed up token + merchandise sales. Sometimes customers just want to ask a quick question about a vendor/product, or want to get their Seasonal Shopper Card stamped. Volunteers at the Information Booth will help with moving customers more quickly through the line by answering their questions and/or chatting with people while they wait.
The ideal hours for volunteer shifts are Saturdays (May-October) from 9am-11am, because that’s when the Info Booth (and the market in general) tends to have the highest traffic. We feel flexible about this and are happy to accommodate your schedule as needed.
Volunteers would be trained and supervised by PFM Market Manager JB Del Campo. Training includes take-home reading, including the PFM rules and regulations, vendor info packet, and market operations packet.
Some benefits include:
- $5 green market token to purchase a drink/snack of your choice
- knowledge that you are working on a team that makes the market better for everyone
- insider knowledge of market operations
- potential to strengthen relationships with PFM customers, staff, and vendors
- free PFM 20th anniversary shirt to wear during your shift(s)
- option to have an in-kind donation letter issued for your time
If you are ready to sign up, please email Kelley Villa at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please reach out!