We are excited to announce that our walk-through market will reopen Saturday, June 13th, from 7:30am to 12:00pm in the big lot (lots A & B combined) at Yavapai College. Due to the continued risk associated with COVID-19, this will not be the standard market we’re all used to. We have implemented significant measures to help protect the health of our customers, our vendors, and our community. Here are some things you can expect on Saturdays moving forward:
- The first hour of the market will strictly be reserved for senior, disabled or immune-compromised customers.
- More space between vendor booths will encourage social distancing.
- Look for ground markers to indicate 6-foot spacing in high-traffic areas.
- Masks and gloves are mandatory for staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Hand-washing stations will be available throughout the market.
- Vendors will be cleaning surfaces frequently.
- Bring small bills so you can provide exact change to vendors to minimize cash handling.
PREPARED FOOD BOOTHS
- All prepared foods are take-out only, and no condiments will be left out.
- There will be no tables or chairs available; please take items outside of the market to eat.
- All beverages must be sealed, no personal refills will be available, and straws will only be given out upon request.
- No product or food samples will be given out.
- Pre-bagged produce will be offered to eliminate scales and weighing.
- Touching products is discouraged and vendors will emphasize a “you touch it, you take it” approach.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
You can make your trip the PFM safer, healthier and more convenient for everyone by keeping the following guidelines in mind:
- Please send one person from your household to shop.
- Please leave pets at home (service animals are welcome).
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance as much as possible.
- Be aware of how many people are in each booth. Please be patient and wait until the booth is clear if 6-feet distance cannot be maintained.
- If you are sick or have been in contact with a sick person, stay home.
- Wash all produce thoroughly before using it.
- Frequently wash reusable bags.
- We are encouraging you to limit your time at the market so bring a list!
One more important request, please wear a face covering when you come to the market. Even if you feel it’s not for you, please honor the safety of our staff, volunteers, vendors and their employees who have close contact with customers all day long.
For those who enjoyed our online pre-order/drive-thru pickup system, we will continue assessing the need and capacity for this option.
We want everyone who has sent us their concerns, comments, and support to know that we hear you. We share your concerns about both public health and continued access to fresh, local food. With your help, we can preserve both of these vital priorities and keep our community safe and healthy!