We challenge our compost-loving community to create a logo/logo concept* for the Prescott Community Compost Logo. This logo will help us promote the program and enlist more people to contribute to and raise awareness about the benefits of the program.
*By “logo concept” we mean that you if you have a great idea for a logo that will get folks excited about community compost but can’t fully execute it, send us a visual of your idea and if it’s selected as the winner, we’ll finish it up.
- The logo should incorporate the words “Prescott Community Compost”.
- The logo/logo concept should reflect what compost means to the artist.
- The logo/logo concept MUST be the original work of the submitter and must not violate any copyright.
- The logo can be as many colors as you wish!
- The logo/concept can be created with any materials, crayons, colored pencils, pens, or on the computer. Whatever gets your concept across.
- The logo/logo concept should be simple. Logos are printed in many sizes and complicated logos must be readable when used small.
- Digital files should be 300DPI at 10 inches wide.
- Hand-drawn artwork should be at least 10 inches wide.
Submission Deadline: April 18, 2021
Submission format: Either hard copy or digital format.
How to submit your idea:
- Drop it off at the Information Booth at the market on Saturday; or
- Email it to email@example.com with subject line: Compost Logo Entry; or
- Mail it to PO Box 1853, Prescott, AZ 86302
Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, communication of excitement about the Prescott Community Compost project and what it means, quality of design and ease of reproduction.
PFM’s review committee will do an initial selection and then post finalists’ designs so community members can vote.
Prize: $100 gift certificate to PFM and a t-shirt featuring the logo.
Copyright: Prescott Farmers Market will acquire ownership of the winning logo/logo concept. The designer will receive recognition. By submitting a logo/logo concept for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that he/she is the person that created the logo/logo concept and is the rightful owner. The designer also certifies that the logo/logo concept does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
Prescott Farmers Market is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unusable entries.