Prescott Farmers Market (PFM) is accepting applications to host “pop-up” farmers markets for the 2019 summer season. PFM will select one site each month between May and October of 2019 for a total of 6 markets. PFM invites organizations, businesses, schools, government entities and neighborhood associations in Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Paulden and Dewey-Humboldt to submit a proposal.
About Pop-Up Markets:
PFM is a producer-only nonprofit farmers market, meaning that all vendors must grow, raise and/or make what they sell at the market. PFM has 21 years of experience connecting communities with local farmers, ranchers and artisans. Pop-up markets bring increased exposure to hosting sites while bringing fresh, local foods to new communities.
- Minimum 0.5 acre improved lot (pavement, grass, gravel) for actual market
- Minimum 30 additional parking spaces for customers
- Access to bathrooms
- Use of site for 6 contiguous hours (2 for setup, 3 for market, 1 for breakdown)
- Coordination and communication with PFM’s Market Manager
- Advertising the event to residents, customers and surrounding community
- Barricading market space before the event to ensure full access for vendors
Anticipated Selection Schedule
- February 15: RFA released
- March 15: Applications due
- March 30: Hosts selected and notified
Submitting an Application
Interested parties should apply online. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is 5:00pm on Friday, March 15.
Contact Kathleen Yetman, Executive Director
Email: kathleen at prescottfarmersmarket dot org
About Prescott Farmers Market:
As a vital part of the economy, the mission of Prescott Farmers Market is to support and expand local agriculture, cultivate a healthy community and increase access to affordable local food. PFM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our markets are vibrant community gathering spaces where people see their neighbors, meet their farmers and know their food. For more information, visit prescottfarmersmarket.org.