Prescott Farmers Market’s highest priority is the safety and health of our community, vendors and staff. While the situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) changes almost daily, PFM continues to closely monitor the recommendations of the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Yavapai County Community Health Services (YCCHS), the City of Prescott and the Farmers Market Coalition. Below is more information on the proactive measures we are taking in response to these public health recommendations.
At this time, Prescott Farmers Market will remain OPEN in accordance with our usual schedule.
Farmers Markets Are Essential: Our market is an important and necessary food outlet for community members to purchase healthy, fresh, nutritious food.
Farmers Markets Allow You to Shop Direct: Shopping at PFM means that you can purchase fresh, nutritious food from as close to the source as possible.
Farmers Markets Support Our Region: Farmers markets are essential to the livelihood of farmers and food producers. Shopping at PFM means you are supporting your local economy, which is especially critical in this time of uncertainty.
There is no evidence that food is a source or transmission route for the virus.
To keep our farmers, producers, vendors and community safe, we encourage our community to take precautions when visiting the market.
- Our vendors always prioritize food safety and operate under health code regulations and food safety protocol; however, we’re requesting that they refrain from offering samples at the market to minimize opportunities for contamination.
- We are being hyper-vigilant about sanitation at the Information Booth and will be regularly disinfecting surfaces, such as the signature tablet, that are commonly touched by multiple people.
- We are providing hand sanitizer and gloves at the Information Booth for anyone who needs them and are encouraging their use, especially for those handling money.
- We will not be placing the Children Play Zone out for use, nor offering Carrots for Kids in order to minimize contamination opportunities.
- Please keep your egg cartons and reusable cups/mugs at home.
- Our staff are being extra careful about their own health.
We are asking you to also follow basic recommendations from public health authorities such as:
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and with soap and water.
- If opportunity for hand washing is not available, use hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Hold a tissue over your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Throw that tissue away and wash your hands. Cough or sneeze into your elbow if tissues are not available.
- Avoid handshakes or hugs.
PFM will keep normal operating hours, as listed on our website. However, our goal is always to act with prudence and caution in regards to community safety, which is why we continue to monitor updates and recommendations from federal and state public-health authorities. If it becomes necessary to make changes to conducting the market, we will provide notification via email, text, through our social media channels (Instagram and Facebook), and at prescottfarmersmarket.org. You may also contact PFM at (928) 713-1227 to verify any changes in hours or services.
The market is most enjoyed when we take into consideration the experiences and well-being of those around us, so we do ask market goers who may be feeling under the weather to reschedule their visit to PFM for another date or have someone else shop for them.
Thank you for your support and consideration of these recommendations at this time. We hope to see you this Saturday at the market and wish you good health!