Prescott Farmers Market is Hiring!
PFM seeks a 25-hour/week part-time Assistant Market Manager to operate 2-3 weekly markets, as well as research and expand education programs.
The PFM is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, operating two year-round markets and one seasonal market in the Greater Prescott Area. Only farmers that grow their own produce within Arizona, with space preference given to Yavapai County growers, and local artisans that include locally grown products in their food products or art goods, are eligible to sell at the market. By maintaining these strict standards, the PFM supports local agriculture by providing a market through which small-scale producers can sell their goods and community members can access fresh, local foods.
Market operation hours:
- Tuesdays: 1:30 to 7:00pm (year-round)
- Thursdays: 1:30 to 7:00pm June-October
- Saturdays: 5:30am to 2:00pm May-October
- Saturdays: 8:00am-2:00pm November-April
Description of Tasks
75% Market setup and breakdown at 2 weekly markets:
- Put out signs and banners on surrounding streets
- Safely drive and park a pickup truck, trailer and port-a-potty
- Help vendors find their booth space and occasionally help vendors set up tents
- Set up and take down multiple market tents at each market
- Attach four 25-pound weights to each tent
Assist customers and vendors at the information booth:
- Run credit, debit and EBT cards for customers
- Answer customer and/or vendor questions about market operations
- Keep detailed records of all transactions
- Replenish supplies at port-a-potty and rest area
- Support Market Manager in maintaining integrity of the market
20% Education Program:
- Redesign featured farmer and vegetable educational materials
- Recipe bos
- Blog posts
5% Office Work
- Weekly staff meeting
- Count money weekly from 1-2 markets
Necessary skills & experience
- Can lift 50 lbs and has a valid driver’s license
- Has experience serving customers
- Is proficient in Word, Excel
- Takes direction well and works as a team
- Is able to take initiative when something needs to be done
- Is reliable and punctual
- Can manage multiple tasks at once
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Has problem-solving skills and is a clear communicator
- Speaks Spanish
- Has composition and design skills
- Has event planning experience
To apply: email résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Assistant Market Manager.” Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and requests for interviews made within 1 weeks of review. Ideal start date: April 15.
This is a part-time hourly position that begins at $10 per hour. The Prescott Farmers Market does not offer additional benefits for part-time employees. For more information about the position, email email@example.com or call 928-713-1227.
Prescott Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.