PFM Seeks a Part-time Assistant Market Manager for the Winter Season
The Prescott Farmers Market supports and fosters local agriculture by providing a direct market for producers, providing consumers an opportunity to purchase locally produced agricultural goods, and educating the community about the importance of local agriculture.
The PFM is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, operating one year-round and two seasonal markets in the Greater Prescott Area and supporting education about locally grown food and agriculture. Only farmers that grow their own produce within Arizona, with space preference given to Yavapai County growers, and local artisans that include locally grown products in their food products or art goods, are eligible to vend at the market. By maintaining these strict standards, the PFM supports local agriculture by providing a market through which small-scale farmers can sell their goods.
PFM seeks a part-time Assistant Market Manager to help operate 1-2 weekly markets as well as complete administrative and programmatic tasks on an as-needed basis.
To apply: email résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Assistant Market Manager”. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and requests for interviews made within 2 weeks of review. The deadline for applications is October 26. Ideal start date: November 1.
- Saturdays: 8:00am to 3:30pm
- Tuesdays: 1:30 to 7:00pm
- Saturdays: 5:00am to 2:00pm
- Thursdays: 1:30 to 7:00pm
Other weekly hours may be worked on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Managing Director, not to exceed 20 hours/week.
Description of Tasks
Market setup and breakdown at 2 weekly markets:
- Set up and organize the market information booth
- Put out signs and banners on surrounding streets
- Safely drive and park a pickup truck, trailer and port-a-potty
- Help vendors find their booth space and occasionally help vendors with tent setup
- Set up and take down multiple market tents at each market
- Attach 4 25-pound weights to each tent
Assist customers and vendors at the information booth:
- Run credit, debit and EBT cards for customers
- Answer customer and/or vendor questions about market operations
- Keep detailed records of all transactions
- Replenish supplies at port-a-potty and rest area
- Support Market Manager in maintaining integrity of the market
Administrative and programmatic tasks:
- Schedule guest artists and musicians at markets
- Distribute promotional materials
- Support educational programs
We’re looking for someone who:
- can lift 50lbs and has a valid drivers license
- has experience serving customers
- is proficient in Word, Excel
- takes direction well and works as a team
- is able to take initiative when something needs to be done
- is reliable and punctual
- can manage multiple tasks at once
- maintains a positive attitude
- has problem-solving skills and is a clear communicator
- Speaks Spanish
- Experience with nonprofit administration
- Composition and design skills
- Event planning experience
This is a part-time hourly position that begins at $10 per hour. The Prescott Farmers Market does not offer additional benefits for part-time employees. For more information about the position, email email@example.com or call 928-713-1227.
Prescott Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.