We’re thrilled that Hayden Flour Mills will be donating AZ-grown heritage flour for our Farm to Table Dinner next month and wanted to share more about this amazing business.
Hayden Flour Mills is bringing flavor and nutrition back to wheat
Hayden Flour Mills doesn’t make your run-of-the-mill flours. The goal at Hayden Flour Mills is to bring you flavor and nutrition you’re missing out on by reviving the world’s forgotten ancient and heritage grains. They start by growing desert-loving heirloom crops on family farms using sustainable methods. Then they stone-mill grains into flour in small batches, preserving the flavor, nutrients, and natural oils. Finally, they ship them to homes, stores, chefs, and bakers around the country. We’re so lucky to have Arizona-raised flours available nearby and many of the vendors at Prescott Farmers Market take advantage of this special flour for their baked goods. You can shop their full line of products online at www.haydenflourmills.com/shop or visit Sprouts and Fry’s Marketplace.
Want to discover the secrets behind what they do? Stop by the mill in Queen Creek for a visit. Hayden Flour Mills offers tours, cooking classes and community dinners. Visit www.haydenflourmills.com/events to register for special events. Early bird discounts available.
To be the first to hear about sales, events, and free recipes, subscribe to their email list at www.haydenflourmills.com. They currently have a Summer Sale going now – Spend $75.00 in the online retail shop and receive a FREE T-Shirt! Just mention “SUMMER” and your shirt size in the order notes at checkout. Sale ends August 19.
Try your hand at bread baking, pasta rolling, and pizza firing at our mill. Let expert hosts teach you the ins and outs of cooking with heritage flour & grain!
Early Bird Discount: Receive 20% off your mill class ticket when you book 60+ days in advance & 10% off when you book 30 days before the class date!
Fall 2019 & Spring 2020 Class Schedule:
- September 7th: Handmade Pasta with Emma Zimmerman
- September 21st: Whole Grain Workshop with Emma Zimmerman
- October 5th: The Art of Bread Baking with Jon Przbyl of Proof Bread
- October 19th: Artisan Pretzels with Jeff Zimmerman
- November 23rd: Take N Bake Pie Class with Dani Kump
- December 7th: Tamales Workshop with Head Miller, Diego
- December 14th: Springerle Cookie Class with Emma Zimmerman
- January 11th: Wood-Fired Pizza with Dani Kump
- February 1st: Artisan Bagel Workshop with Jeff Zimmerman
- March 7th: Artisan Hand Shaped Pasta Class with Emma Zimmerman
- March 21st: Intro to Artisan Bread at Home with Jeff Zimmerman
- April 4th: Handmade Heritage Crackers with Dani Kump