Prescott Farmers Market seeks a part-time Director of Community Outreach to organize and coordinate special events, plan and implement educational programs and manage social media accounts.
Who We Are
As a vital part of the local economy, the mission of Prescott Farmers Market is to support and expand local agriculture, cultivate a healthy community and increase access to affordable local foods.
Prescott Farmers Market (PFM) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, operating two markets in the Greater Prescott Area. Only farmers and ranchers that grow/raise their own agricultural goods within Arizona, with preference given to Yavapai County growers, and local artisans that include locally grown ingredients in their goods, are eligible to sell at the market. By maintaining these strict standards, PFM supports local agriculture by providing a market through which small-scale producers can sell their goods and community members can access fresh, local foods.
PFM currently has four part-time staff members who work closely together on all projects. As a small nonprofit, staff are required to fill in at the market when needed; brainstorming sessions are common and everyone’s perspective is valued. PFM’s core values are Integrity, Community, Health and Collaboration.
Director of Community Outreach Position Description
- Annual Farm to Table Dinner Fundraiser (150 guests)
- Manage chef/farmer communication
- Coordinate event marketing
- Organize and facilitate event including volunteer management
- Vendor Workshops & Social Events
- Research, plan and execute 5 educational and social events annually
- Manage post-event vendor communication and check-in meetings
- Research, plan and implement dynamic and engaging programming at the market
- Seek new partnerships and maintain current ones
- Work alongside Executive Director to pursue funding for program development
- Be available to fill in for market managers with market operations as needed
- Lead implementation of PFM Marketing Plan through social media, WordPress, press releases, print, and presentations
- Explore unutilized channels of advertising, including outreach events and other partnerships with food systems community organizations
Who You Are
The ideal candidate works well as a team to creatively solve problems; they are also self-directing, organized and a good communicator. The candidate should also have:
- A bachelor’s degree or two years professional experience implementing complex projects and/or events.
- Marketing/advertising experience, specifically managing social media campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; well-developed interpersonal skills including a confident attitude, diplomacy skills, and problem-solving capabilities
- Basic office and computer skills (Word, Excel) with ability to manage Gmail and WordPress accounts
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Composition & design skills
This is a part-time hourly position beginning at $13.00 per hour with an average of 25 hours per week. The position is based in Prescott, Arizona and surrounding communities. PFM employees accrue up to 80 hours of Paid Time Off annually. To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Community Outreach.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. Preferred start date is January 10, 2020.
Prescott Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Prescott Farmers Market is a drug-free, tobacco-free & fragrance-free work environment.