As a vital part of the local economy, the mission of Prescott Farmers Market is to support and expand local agriculture, cultivate a healthy community and increase access to affordable local foods.
Prescott Farmers Market (PFM) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, operating one year-round markets and one seasonal market in the Greater Prescott Area. Only farmers that grow their own produce within Arizona, with preference given to Yavapai County growers, and local artisans that include locally grown ingredients in their goods, are eligible to sell at the market. By maintaining these strict standards, PFM supports local agriculture by providing a market through which small-scale producers can sell their goods and community members can access fresh, local foods.
Prescott Farmers Market seeks a 30-hour/week part-time Assistant Market Manager to operate 1-2 weekly markets, as well as expand education programs.
Market operation hours:
- Saturdays: 8:00am – 2:00pm (November-April)
- Saturdays: 5:30am – 2:00pm (May-October)
- Thursdays: 1:30 – 7:00pm (June-October)
Description of Tasks
75% Support a Thriving Food System by Operating Farmers Markets
- Market set-up and take-down
- Put out signs, set up and merchandise information booth
- Safely drive and park a pickup truck, trailer and port-a-potty
- Set up and take down market tents including 25-pound weights
- Assist customers and vendors at the information booth
- Run credit, debit and EBT cards
- Answer customer and/or vendor questions about market operations
- Keep detailed records of all transactions
- Manage market inventories, including tokens, merchandise, and supplies
- Develop relationships with market vendors through formal/informal interviews, farm/ranch inspections, social media promotions
- Regularly update WordPress website and social media accounts
- Count money weekly from 1-2 markets
- Participate in weekly staff meeting
25% Develop Programming to Meet our Nonprofit Mission
- Promote education about local, seasonal eating
- Seed library
- Recipe box
- Blog posts
- Experience leading and working in a team environment
- Ability to understand rules and comfort holding others accountable
- Able to take initiative when something needs to be done
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including a confident attitude, clear communication, diplomacy skills, and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Advanced math and money-handling skills
- Basic office and computer skills (Word, Excel) with familiarity with Gmail, Google Drive, Facebook, and Instagram accounts
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and a valid driver’s license
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Composition & design skills
- Basic mechanical/vehicle maintenance skills
- Event planning & coordination
PFM is committed to providing employees with an environment in which the Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Curiosity, Collaboration, Community, and Social Justice are supported and encouraged.
This is a part-time hourly position beginning at $12.00 per hour. The position is based in Prescott, Arizona and surrounding communities. PFM employees accrue up to 48 hours of paid sick leave annually. To apply, send a resume, letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Market Manager Position.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Preferred start date is March 15, 2019.
Prescott Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Prescott Farmers Market is a drug-free & tobacco-free work environment.