Organization: The Prescott Farmers Market, Inc. (PFM) seeks a part-time Administrative Specialist to begin training in March 2019. As a vital part of the economy, the mission of Prescott Farmers Market is to support and expand local agriculture, cultivate a healthy community and increase access to affordable local food.
Summary/Objective: PFM is looking for a organized, detail-oriented professional to work 20 hours per week. The Administrative Specialist will report directly to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with PFM staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers to accomplish the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide skilled administrative support for the ED and corresponding programs.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as conferences, coordinating calendars as appropriate.
- Plan, schedule and attend meetings, recording and publishing minutes to attendees.
- Facilitate communications, both oral and written.
- Prepare reports in draft form for finalization with ED.
- Prepare and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, presentations, etc., and proofread for spelling, grammar and layout; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Provide customer service to the public on behalf of the ED.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Work independently and within a team on ongoing, various research projects and/or special projects.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, scanning, copying and filing documents etc.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time and with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires 2 years of successful experience in administrative support or equivalent role.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to follow-through.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills; above average interpersonal skills a must.
- Professional in appearance and manner.
- Proficiency using a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures; ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail: in composing, typing and proofreading materials; establishing priorities & meeting deadlines; good spelling, grammar & written communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with team leaders, program coordinators, & other staff members; comfort with “managing-up” to ED.
- Ability to work with people of varied socioeconomic, ethnic & cultural backgrounds.
PFM is committed to providing employees with an environment in which the Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Curiosity, Collaboration, Community, and Social Justice are supported and encouraged.
The Administrative Specialist position starts at $12.00 per hour. The position is based in Prescott, Arizona. PFM employees accrue up to 48 hours of paid sick leave annually. To apply, send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Specialist Position.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. Preferred start date is March 1, 2019.
Prescott Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. People of Color, people with disabilities, veterans & LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Prescott Farmers Market is a drug-free & tobacco-free work environment.